Q&A with Chris Jennings / Executive VP – Spartanburg CVB
1. What is your favorite thing about living in the Palmetto state?
The people here are amazing. The history and scenic beauty of Spartanburg County and South Carolina surprise and motivate me every day.
2. What is the best thing about your job?
It’s never boring. I get to promote our community to people who may not know anything about it, but love Spartanburg once they see, hear and/or visit.
3. What’s your go-to local restaurant?
Depends on my mood, but some of my favorites include: Willy Taco, Two Samuels and Wade’s.
4. Carolina or Clemson?
I’m still paying tuition for a daughter at Clemson, so better say GO TIGERS!
5. Sweet tea or unsweet?
We’re in the South, so it shouldn’t be a choice: sweet, all the way!
6. What is one thing that’s made in SC that you couldn’t live without?
A Spartanburg-made BMW x-series vehicle. The Ultimate Driving Machine.
7. Where is the one place you must go when you have family or friends in town?
RJ Rockers Brewery
8. What’s on your play list right now (band, song or genre)?
Beyonce; Marshall Tucker Band; Jimmy Buffett; Kaskade; Bee Gees; Pharrell Williams; Prince; Hootie & the Blowfish
9. What would be your dream “staycation” in South Carolina?
Weekend outdoor adventures (cycling, hiking, kayaking); visiting craft breweries, and eating local for every meal
10. What is your fondest memory of growing up/or living here?
Hosting the SC Governors Conference on Tourism and Travel in 2017 and showcasing the culture, history, agriculture, recreation and local products that make Spartanburg authentic and real.
Q&A with Chris Jennings / Executive VP – Spartanburg CVBApril 17th, 2018
Music of the ForestApril 16th, 2018
Chairman of the BoardApril 16th, 2018
The Compass of a Community – Cooper’s Country StoreNovember 21st, 2017
History in the Making – Drayton HallNovember 21st, 2017